Enterprising Futures is a Gower College Swansea initiative aimed at engaging, encouraging and supporting individuals to access self-employment routeways, operating across both Swansea and Neath Port Talbot.
The programme promotes the benefits of self-employment through a combination of engagement and development workshops and intensive one-to-one coaching and mentoring. Support is flexible and tailored to your needs, with a strong emphasis on individualised advice and support through a dedicated Employment Coach, who will work you to identify and address any barriers to self-employment. The programme of support will therefore vary for each individual but could include some or all of the following activities:
- Intensive coaching and mentoring to build your confidence, motivation, resilience, aspiration and to help develop your entrepreneurial potential;
- Advice on developing your business ideas and accessing business support and mentoring;
- Support to develop your presentation/pitching and business communication skills;
- Advice and signposting to relevant training or certification;
- Support to improve your interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Access to business shadowing placements;
- Advice on managing health conditions or disabilities in work;
- Awareness sessions with role models to engage, inspire and motivate;
- Advice and practical wraparound support to overcome any wider barriers to self-employment.