The Better Jobs, Better Futures programme also includes the ‘Futures’ family – a suite of activities providing employability support to Gower College Swansea students
- The ‘Futures Academy’, which aims to improve employability outcomes for A level students who choose not to progress to Higher Education at the end of their course. The Academy delivers a programme of activities designed to develop an individual employment pathway for each student, with the aim of progressing straight into employment or an apprenticeship on completion of their A level studies.
- Satellite ‘Futures Hubs’ offering drop-in employability advice and support at the Tycoch and Gorseinon campuses.
- Bespoke employability support tailored to the needs of individual learning areas, such as ‘Accounting Futures’, Creative Arts Employer Mentoring Scheme, and ‘ABMU Futures’ for ILS students.
- Development of a full-time pre-employment ‘Futures’ programme designed for young people seeking an immediate transition into employment or an apprenticeship.
The programme also includes specific strands of pilot activity aimed at:
- Supporting offenders pre and post-release through the Swansea Prison Employability Pilot project.
- Providing ESOL and Essential Skills learners with enhanced employability support in partnership with local Jobcentre Plus.
Additional targeted activities will be added to the Better Jobs, Better Futures suite over time as and when needs and opportunities arise.